Sep 27, 2004

Wrecked

Today will go down in my history as the most nerve-wrecking-in-a-single-moment day of my life. For ever. Today I had my very first car-crash since I got my driver's license four-plus years ago. After four years of peaceful, somewhat safe driving, (dotted here and there with minor scratches and near-collisions) I've finally earned my rites of passage, stepped over the threshold into drivers' adulthood. Right now, hours after the unfortunate event, I'm willing to swear that this singular accident is enough to keep me sober on the road for the rest of my life.

Looking back, I can see a dozen ways how this accident could've been avoided. I could've left home a bit sooner, or a bit later. I could've waited for the car to pass and make a left like I usually do, instead of being impatient and making a right to rush things (unreasonably, now that I think about it). The first few seconds after my car effectively grazed the passing Camry, the only thought that came to my mind was, "Oh GOD, is this real? This MUST be a dream. This can't be real. Is this really happening? Oh GOD, it is! IT IS! Oh GOD. OH GOD," I could've gone on forever (I guess this is what they call 'eternity in a single moment') The blood rushed up to my face and I could actually feel it expand, sideways. My hands were seriously SHAKING.
(I know all this sounds terribly cliched but, trust me, this is what actually happened!)

While I waited the dreadfully long five minutes before my dad came to the rescue, the only thought crossing my mind was that I had committed some serious, sinful offence and I was being punished for it. The truth of it I shall never find out and will last to serve as a reminder for me for at least the next five years.

1 comment:

fazilah:g said...

what happened actually lin ooi!!??teruk ke accident??sabar,sabar.....