Jan 4, 2005

Birthday

Anniversary Aftermath

I've been wrecking my brain for something to write to mark the occasion. I can't say that I feel that much older or wiser (yipes!). I had this amusing conversation with my cousin Hajar the other day where we both agreed that I had neither the weight nor wisdom deserving of a twenty-two-year-old (gulp!).The fact remains that the day passed without so much as a shudder. My parents have long since discarded the practice of celebrating birthdays for the quite surprise of a gathering (usually in the living room), the presentation of a gift(s) and a round of hugs and kisses for and from everyone. And, of course, a discourse on some serious issue, i.e. family bonds, the tsunami, religion, the future. Yup, that's how we do it here in the Rahiman Clan.

Despite the fact that I woke up with my nose full of snot and suffering from sinus spasms every three minute (remnants of a flu), today spoke of N-O-R-M-A-L like nothing else.

Excitement01 : Beeping phone messages of birthday wishes. Some came from my best friends (of course) and some from people I least expected. I mean, I didn't expect them to know my birthday, much less wish me and let me know they remembered! I can hardly remember half of my best friends' birthdays as it is!(Got to do something about that)

Excitement02 : Worked the brain cells overtime trying to decide how to best spend my birthday loot. It's always harder to decide on something to buy when you actually have the money for it. There's always a dozen things I need to buy when I'm all dried up, cash-wise. Ironically.