Jan 13, 2005

He was.

It's been exactly one week since his passing. It's only now that I can actually think about arwah without shedding tears. My heart still feels heavy from an invisible burden. It's true what they say; you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

The phone rang, his number came up and I had a warm feeling at the pit of my stomach. But then his sister's voice came on. I instantly felt something was wrong. That's when the ball dropped.

The first few days were filled with disbelief, on my part and on others'. It seemed impossible that one of us could go so soon. And one so well loved, too. I could go on and on about what a gem he was to us all. There would neither be enough words nor space for that. Suffice it to say that his absence will be strongly felt; his presence will be forever missed.

It would take some time for me, and others, to reconcile ourselves with the fact that he is no longer among us. I can still picture his goofy smile, I can still hear his jokes, and I can still see him running around in his Hawaiian shirt. Honestly, I've never met anyone as full of life as he was.

Macam benih. Campak ke mana-mana pun mesti tumbuh.

Ask anyone who knew him and that's probably how they'd describe him. With his gifted hands, he's fashioned countless little trinkets and gave them away on a whim. I still have the butterfly he made me from twisted wires. And the tiny pair of shoes sewed together from pieces of leather. And the little tree with a heart made from left over cardboards he gave me on my birthday. And that...

My heart still aches for one last conversation, one last glimpse of the one I hold so dear to my heart. I know it is impossible, and it is too late. Syakir, I'm so sorry I wasn't there at your funeral. I can only console myself with this thought:

He was brought into this life, and the life of those who've had the pleasure of his acquaintance, for a purpose. And with his passing, that purpose is fulfilled.

Semoga rohnya dilimpahi rahmat Illahi dan diletakkan di kalangan orang-orang mukmin.

You are always in my prayers, Insya'Allah.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

michael kors, oakley sunglasses, air max, nike outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, chanel handbags, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany jewelry, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, longchamp, replica watches, prada handbags, nike air max, nike free, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, nike roshe run, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, sac longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, ugg boots, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max

Unknown said...

baseball bats, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, bottega veneta, oakley, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, herve leger, ralph lauren, nike trainers, lululemon, timberland boots, soccer shoes, mont blanc, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, p90x workout, vans, mcm handbags, converse, ferragamo shoes, reebok shoes, nike air max, hollister, hollister, louboutin, jimmy choo shoes, insanity workout, vans shoes, iphone cases, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, ray ban, converse outlet, birkin bag, gucci, nike huarache, beats by dre, hollister, ghd, north face outlet, nike roshe, longchamp, new balance, nfl jerseys, celine handbags, asics running shoes, instyler

Unknown said...

baseball bats, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, bottega veneta, oakley, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, herve leger, ralph lauren, nike trainers, lululemon, timberland boots, soccer shoes, mont blanc, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, p90x workout, vans, mcm handbags, converse, ferragamo shoes, reebok shoes, nike air max, hollister, hollister, louboutin, jimmy choo shoes, insanity workout, vans shoes, iphone cases, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, ray ban, converse outlet, birkin bag, gucci, nike huarache, beats by dre, hollister, ghd, north face outlet, nike roshe, longchamp, new balance, nfl jerseys, celine handbags, asics running shoes, instyler