Mar 12, 2005

Elina

Elina, Desert and Fish.


:: Me n Macedamia Cheesecake::Photo courtesy of Elena

Finally met up with Elina last night. I finished watching Hitch just in time to meet her in the city. She suggested this little desert place in the Valley and, I have to say,it was a great idea. The macadamia cheesecake I had was so pretty Elina had to take a picture of it haha. I was pleased to find asam laksa and bubur pulut hitam on the menu. We spend the time typically catching up and I talked about the adjustment issues. The conversation was easy flowing, and I realized I had completely forgotten what she was like back in primary school in SP. It's been a shocking ten years ago. Wow...

After desert we went walking through the streets. As we passed by the numerous bars overflowing with merry-makers, this single phrase ran through my mind - impending doom. I expected to be pelted by beer bottles or rained with insults. There were a few odd stares but, fortunately, no insults. Alhamdulillah. There wasn't much to see in the Valley so we sat down in Gloria Jean's. The cheesecake was an overload and I needed coffee. Bad.

Met up with Elina's boyfriend, and by God, I can't remember his name!(sorry Elina!) Nice guy, we chatted for some time while he finished his kebab. We were walking to his car when it finally happened. A van passed by, a girl stuck out her head and yelled something. None of us could make out what she'd said but Elina's bf selamber-ly gave her the finger. Was I glad there were three of us and one is a guy.

Stopped by a friend's house to pick up some fish. They gave me some and I still haven't figured out what to do with it yet. My housemate Sabiha is just as clueless.

It was really nice to meet someone familiar from back home. I guess homesickness still rules. However, assignments are piling up so I have a lot to occupy my mind for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

michael kors, oakley sunglasses, air max, nike outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, chanel handbags, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany jewelry, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, longchamp, replica watches, prada handbags, nike air max, nike free, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, nike roshe run, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, sac longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, ugg boots, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max

Unknown said...

baseball bats, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, bottega veneta, oakley, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, herve leger, ralph lauren, nike trainers, lululemon, timberland boots, soccer shoes, mont blanc, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, p90x workout, vans, mcm handbags, converse, ferragamo shoes, reebok shoes, nike air max, hollister, hollister, louboutin, jimmy choo shoes, insanity workout, vans shoes, iphone cases, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, ray ban, converse outlet, birkin bag, gucci, nike huarache, beats by dre, hollister, ghd, north face outlet, nike roshe, longchamp, new balance, nfl jerseys, celine handbags, asics running shoes, instyler