Feb 9, 2005

Words

Words

Sometimes the language of words seems the hardest thing in the world. Sometimes it is all that stands between me and what I mean to say. Sometimes the syllables just seem to lie more than tell. Sometimes what I say and what I mean refuse to come together. Sometimes my lips says indifference when my heart says......so much more. Sometimes it's like starting a song in the wrong chord. You can keep playing but it'll be out of tune. Sometimes the biggest fear is one that holds me from showing what is really behind the facade. Sometimes I feel like the biggest faker.

Albom on Schwartz said....

'I thought about how often this was needed in everyday life. How we feel lonely, sometimes to the point of tears, but we don't let these tears come because we are not supposed to cry. Or how we feel a surge of love for a partner but we don't say anything because we're frozen with fear of what those words might do to the relationship.

Morrie's approach was exactly the oposite. Turn on the faucet. Wash yourself with the emotion. It won't hurt you. It will only help. If you let the fear inside, if you pull it on like a familiar shirt, then you can say to yourself, "All right, it's just fear. I don't have to let it control me. I see it for what it is." '

If only.