Oct 25, 2004

Hairdo's Don'ts

Hairdo's Don'ts

I swear, there is nothing more liberating than a new haircut. I often read that a new haircut on any women signifies a major change in her life, namely a new found love, or a new intersest, a new direction in life, a new resolution, etc. As for me, I simply needed a change in my somewhat currentlt stagnant state of being. I hadn't exactly planned on it either. In fact, I was on a mission to save my locks for as long as possible, but when my mom asked if I wanted to join her at the salon, I found my head eagerly bobbing up and down.

Of all the salons I've been to, J&M has to be the best yet. The owner (a lady whose name I can never seem to store in my memory) always greets us with a smile and an offer of her Chinese tea ( which I drink solely out of respect for her, not for the taste). Thankfully, she'll be attending to me for today, since it's always easier to relate what I want to her, as compared to the new girls.

The shampoo girl must be new. The way she's working my scalp, it'll be flake free for the rest of the year, I'm sure. Just when I was about ready to beg her to stop, she taps my shoulder and directed me to the wash basin. Now here comes the scissors and comb. I decided to go for something radical this time. Boy, I'm really hard up for change! I can see my mom glancing sideways nervously at me. Oh well, what's life if you don't live on the wild side every once in a while, right?

1 comment:

fazilah:g said...

fakrul msg aku smalam.dia dah ada kat oxford.