Nov 10, 2004

Daddy Dearest

I'm so glad my dad's gotten his health back. He got so sick, I started to get worried.
Not for no reason, too. For starters, my dad almost NEVER falls sick. But he did as soon as he got back from wretched Singapore. And he stayed sick for almost a week, and kept getting worse. I had a sinking feeling that the cold he was running might actually be something serious. Some underlying illness that's been repressed for too long. Being my paranoid self, I started imagining the worse scenario.
What if it was cancer?
What if he *gasp* passed away? (Na'uzubillah...)
What if..what if...
Selfishly, I wondered on how his absence would affect my future. I would definitely have to postpone any and all of my plans for studying abroad, or even studying at all. I'll work to help support my mom support the family. We'll probably have to sell off one of our cars and move some place cheaper. Maybe back to Sungai Petani, where life's easy and the people are great. I could consider earning my degree through SPACE. That way, I can study and earn a living at the same time.
Hmm...not a bad plan.
But then, my dad's fine now. Turns out it was just a sensitive nasal tract, which gets irritated very easily. Thank God. Alhamdulillah.
I may complain about him a lot, but my dad is everything to this family.
I thank God for reminding me of that fact.

No comments: